Baba Kushal Singh ji Dahiya
Baba Kushal SIngh Dahiya was born in village Badhkhalasa. This falls in Sonipat Haryana today.
Baba Kushal Singh ji Dahiya ordered beheading of his own head. So that it can be replaced with the head of Guru Teg Bhadur ji. Guruji was executed few hours back at Chandni Chowk Delhi by Mughals for not accepting Islam.
Guru’s disciples were escaping from Aurangzeb’s army and trying to take Guruji’s head to Anandpur Sahib. On the way when they reached a place called Rai (In Sonipat today), Baba Kushal Singh stopped. He assessed the situation and realized that mughal army would intercept them before their goal was achieved.
To avoid Guruji’s head falling into hands of enemy Baba Kushal Singh ji offered his own head to be replaced with Guruji’s head as his face bore resemblance to Guru to deceive Aurangzeb ‘s army. It was an act of great courage and sacrifice. He was true hero of great Sikh warrior tradition.
Bhai Jeta ji managed to get away with the head of Guru Teg Bahadur ji. Later Mughals mistakenly took Baba Kushal Singh’s head back to Delhi. They realized their mistake only after reaching Delhi. The Supreme Sacrifice of Jat leader Baba Kushal ji has no parallel in history.
A Gurdwara and a Museum were established at BudhKhalsa, the native village of Baba Kushal ji where he ordered his son to behead his head in Sonipat at Delhi Sonipat Border, near Kundli.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar lal on unveiled the statue of Kushal Singh Dahiya on 9 November 2017 at Badhkhalsa Memorial Complex, Rai, in Sonepat .
Baba Kushal ji ‘s descendants in present-day, Virendra Badhkhalasa, Surajbhan, Ramesh Dahiya, Ranjit Singh are residing in Sonipat only. Following news article mentions about them.
List of related posts of Hindu warriors’ bravery:
- Maharani Durgavati-Saffron Swords by Manoshi Sinha
- Brave Kuyili sacrificed herself life to win over Britishers 1780
- Queen of Ullal- Braveheart Abbakka Chowta
- Queen Hadi Rani who sacrificed herself for Rajput Honour
- Kiran Devi with her dagger on Akbar’s throat
- Story of Brave Lady Onake Obavva
- A Tale of Bravery and Chivalry : Rajputs
- Maharaja Chhatrasal Bundela- Victor of 52 glorious wars
- Overview of Brave resistance of Hindus against Islamic jihad in Kerala
- Braveheart Prataprao Gurjar – Battle of Salher, 24 February 1672
- Jaimal Rathore of Badnor and Patta of Kelwa
- Maharaja Yashwantrao Holkar who defeated British every time
- King Sambhaji Raje & Knight Williams Wallace- Two warriors, similar life
- Tanaji Malusare -The Lion of the Famous Singhgadh Fort War
- Freedom fighters Periya Marudhu and Chinna Marudhu
- The 27 Years Maratha War(1681 to 1707A.D.) which saved Hinduism
- Battle of Kamrupa-King Prithu annihilated and Bakhtiyar Khilji finally
- King Suheldev routed out 10 lac strong army of Invader Salar Masood
- Sardar Jasaa Singh Ahluwalia- Abdali’s Nightmare
- Baba Kushal Singh ji Dahiya who ordered his own beheading
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Dibhu.com is committed for quality content on Hinduism and Divya Bhumi Bharat. If you like our efforts please continue visiting and supporting us more often.😀
Tip us if you find our content helpful,
Companies, individuals, and direct publishers can place their ads here at reasonable rates for months, quarters, or email@example.com