Reality of so called ‘Dalit oppression’ in Hindu dharma
Narrative – Dalits were so oppressed by uppper caste that they were utterly miserable more so than in Islamic or British raj. In fact a lot of awakened Hindus also show condescending attitude as of lower caste did a favor by remaining Hindu. Who are upper caste to grant certificates like that?
Truth I discovered after reading primary source after primary source as a part of my movie making. If you want to donate to this movie please use this link – https://www.gofundme.com/Indichistoryanimation
1) Indian society was indeed rigidly divided into jaati & varna and yes in relative terms there was discrimination. But it’s absolutely not the way it’s portrayed. Literally everyone in villages of all castes had primary non written education and it was available to all jaatis.
2) segregation was for pursuing professions (because of jaati) after primary education. Even in that within each jaati the top did get leadership roles & good opportunities.
Dibhu.com-Divya Bhuvan is committed for quality content on Hindutva and Divya Bhumi Bharat. If you like our efforts please continue visiting and supportting us more often.😀
3) there are dozens of examples of lower caste becoming royal poets and writing literature. Also dozens of examples of lower caste becoming generals in literally every hindu dynasty rule. The same cannot be said of Islamic or British rule.
4) in thousands of years of Indic rule the number of civil wars because of lower caste revolting against upper caste = BIG ZERO (well almost)
Whereas in barely 500 years of Islamic rule & British rule the instances of lower castes and adivasis conducting organized significant rebellions and civil wars against Muslim rulers and British = DOZENS & DOZENS
What does that tell you????????
How come the same lower caste who were so oppressed by upper caste never did civil war or armed rebellion against them but did it against Islamic rulers & British rulers?
5) another myth – Brahmins controlled everything
Truth – NONSENSE- To exert power and get your agenda imposed one needs military & financial power. Name one Brahmin king dynasty other than Peshwas? Even they were not exactly king but you get my point…
Brahmins have always been economically middle class or poor and never had military power. They only has literature & other power which is not adequate to “opresss”
Q) why did some parts of Bharata like Afghanistan, Pakistan & Bangladesh get converted to Islam very fast but rest of Bharata did not? After all the areas with maximum alleged caste discrimination like present day cow belts & bimaru states remained staunchly Hindu after 500 plus years of Islamic rule in that very areas. If caste was so bad and Mughals were giving every incentive to convert then why did they not mass convert?
A) those parts that converted (yes including eastern Bengal or present Bangladesh) were BUDDHIST-Animist
Actually if Hindusim has survived it is because of lower caste feeling one with it and fighting back tooth & nail to preserve their dharma. Parts that were Buddhist pacifist collapsed. Hindu parts fought back. Mughals never gave any incentive or equality to any Hindu not ever lower caste. They taxed like crazy & broke the back of common people. Their rule was marked by multiple rebellions and most of their time was spent violently suppressing rebellions.
Note: Originally this article was posted by Mr. Francois Gautier– A French with an Indian heart and no lesser than any Indian.He has guts to write truth and has deep insight int Indian culture. We are just trying to disseminate an interesting piece of History which has largely remained unknown to us and do not take any credit for this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?