A Tale of Bravery and Chivalry : Maharana Pratap & His Son Amar Singh
Rahim was a commander of Akbar’s army. He was sent by Akbar to capture Maharana, abduct Hindu women and destroy temples.
Before Rahim could reach his destination, Maharana’s eldest son Amar Singh found an opportunity and captured Rahim’s contingent and women.
He brought the captured women before Maharana.
But Maharana Pratap was very furious. “Why did you capture these women. Do you not know that we fight Dharmayuddha? If we do this, what is the difference between us(Hindu) and them(Muslims)?”
Maharana ordered Amar Singh to set the women free and return them back to their camp with respect.
When Rahim heard of this, his entire attitude towards his enemy changed. He had a genuine change of heart. He praised Maharana and Mewar. He also began exploring Hinduism and India. He began writing poems in praise of Krishna. He became more Hindu than Muslim. All the Rahim’s Dohas were penned by him.
This is the impact of the Maharana. How an act of kindness could change the heart of an enemy is well illustrated by this episode
List of related posts of Hindu warriors’ bravery:
- Maharani Durgavati-Saffron Swords by Manoshi Sinha
- Brave Kuyili sacrificed herself life to win over Britishers 1780
- Queen of Ullal- Braveheart Abbakka Chowta
- Queen Hadi Rani who sacrificed herself for Rajput Honour
- Kiran Devi with her dagger on Akbar’s throat
- Story of Brave Lady Onake Obavva
- A Tale of Bravery and Chivalry : Rajputs
- Maharaja Chhatrasal Bundela- Victor of 52 glorious wars
- Overview of Brave resistance of Hindus against Islamic jihad in Kerala
- Braveheart Prataprao Gurjar – Battle of Salher, 24 February 1672
- Jaimal Rathore of Badnor and Patta of Kelwa
- Maharaja Yashwantrao Holkar who defeated British every time
- King Sambhaji Raje & Knight Williams Wallace- Two warriors, similar life
- Tanaji Malusare -The Lion of the Famous Singhgadh Fort War
- Freedom fighters Periya Marudhu and Chinna Marudhu
- The 27 Years Maratha War(1681 to 1707A.D.) which saved Hinduism
- Battle of Kamrupa-King Prithu annihilated and Bakhtiyar Khilji finally
- King Suheldev routed out 10 lac strong army of Invader Salar Masood
- Sardar Jasaa Singh Ahluwalia- Abdali’s Nightmare
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Dibhu.com is committed for quality content on Hinduism and Divya Bhumi Bharat. If you like our efforts please continue visiting and supporting us more often.😀
Tip us if you find our content helpful,
Companies, individuals, and direct publishers can place their ads here at reasonable rates for months, quarters, or email@example.com