This is Kiran Devi with her dagger on Akbar’s throat. Kiran was Maharana Pratap’s brother Shakti Singh’s daughter. Akbar saw her at Meena Bazaar and ordered his soldiers to bring her. Kiran took out her hidden dagger & pounced on Akbar. She pardoned him after Akbar apologised. Our history books have hidden such ‘gems’ to make Akbar – The Great.
(This painting is still displayed in Jaipur museum)
When mughal King Akbar begged a Rajput princess Baisa Kiran Devi to spare his life!
किरण सिंहनी सी चढ़ी उर पर खींच कटार
भीख मांगता प्राण की अकबर हाथ पसार’।
Akbar’s greatness has been praised by many historians, but Akbar’s objectionable misbehavior has been described by very few historians. But this pervert had been beaten like any any other common lewd by none other than the woman he was prying upon.
This fearless woman was none other than a Brave niece of Maharana Pratap – Kiran Devi! Kiran Devi was the daughter of Maharana Pratap’s brother, Shakti Singh. She had married Prithviraj of Bikaner.
Prithviraj was having a happy life with Kiran Devi in Delhi. But Kiran Devi was noticed by the pervert eyes of King Akbar.
Akbar wanted to somehow grab her in his arms. But it wasn’t easy because he had to deal with Prithviraj’s Army. Akbar thought he can defeat Prithviraj but not a fierce warrior like Maharana Pratap. Akbar knew that there was not even a single man in his dynasty who can face Maharana Pratap.
So to fulfil his pervert desires, he chose a cunning method. Akbar was annually organising a “Nouroz Mela” at Meena Bazaar. As only women were allowed for this event, Rajput woman too took part in this event actively to purchase ornaments and expensive items. Kiran Devi was also attracted by this, so she decided to pay a visit for this event.
No one knew that even Akbar also attend this event every year but in ladies dress. Our history textbooks call him “Akbar the great”. But hold on readers, we will reveal the greatness of this king. There he had built a web to systematically trap the Hindu woman who attracted him the most. And this time Kiran Devi came under his radar. Akbar’s loyalists work was to systematically trap her and get into the room assigned by Akbar.
None of the women who attended “Nouroz Mela” knew this. That’s why Akbar is called “The Great”.
As soon as Akbar saw Rajput woman Kiran Devi, he ordered his secret service to get her to him.
So, they somehow disguised her and brought her towards Akbar. Akbar didn’t know the intensity of mistake he was doing. He didn’t know that he was going to mess up with fire. He didn’t know the history of Rajput woman; how Rani Padmini had thrown herself along with her companions into fire to protect their honour from Islamic barbarians. As soon as Akbar tried to touch Kiran Devi, she pulled out her dragger and within a fraction of time, Akbar was on the ground and the dragger was held on his neck. Kiran Devi always held a dragger with her. Akbar the great was defeated by a Rajput woman so easily. Akbar till then had raped, killed and humiliated so many women but he never thought he will face this kind of humiliation.
Akbar began pleading for his life and we know that our culture taught us to forgive a person who asks for mercy. Kiran Devi spared his life only after Akbar begged that he won’t organise “Nouroz Mela” anymore.
This is a perfect example to foster the idea of “woman empowerment”. Let this be a motivation to all the women who face harassments from the street womanisers.
Akbar learnt a lesson on how to treat a woman from Kiran Devi.
Here is another painting of the same incident at Bikaner :
Interested to know more about Rajputs : View these related Books
List of related posts of Hindu warriors’ bravery:
- Maharani Durgavati-Saffron Swords by Manoshi Sinha
- Brave Kuyili sacrificed herself life to win over Britishers 1780
- Queen of Ullal- Braveheart Abbakka Chowta
- Queen Hadi Rani who sacrificed herself for Rajput Honour
- Kiran Devi with her dagger on Akbar’s throat
- Story of Brave Lady Onake Obavva
- A Tale of Bravery and Chivalry : Rajputs
- Maharaja Chhatrasal Bundela- Victor of 52 glorious wars
- Overview of Brave resistance of Hindus against Islamic jihad in Kerala
- Braveheart Prataprao Gurjar – Battle of Salher, 24 February 1672
- Jaimal Rathore of Badnor and Patta of Kelwa
- Maharaja Yashwantrao Holkar who defeated British every time
- King Sambhaji Raje & Knight Williams Wallace- Two warriors, similar life
- Tanaji Malusare -The Lion of the Famous Singhgadh Fort War
- Freedom fighters Periya Marudhu and Chinna Marudhu
- The 27 Years Maratha War(1681 to 1707A.D.) which saved Hinduism
- Battle of Kamrupa-King Prithu annihilated and Bakhtiyar Khilji finally
- King Suheldev routed out 10 lac strong army of Invader Salar Masood
- Sardar Jasaa Singh Ahluwalia- Abdali’s Nightmare
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Dibhu.com is committed for quality content on Hinduism and Divya Bhumi Bharat. If you like our efforts please continue visiting and supporting us more often.😀
Tip us if you find our content helpful,
Companies, individuals, and direct publishers can place their ads here at reasonable rates for months, quarters, or email@example.com